First: Do you even need glasses? Check out your local optometrist or ophthalmologist, to be sure.
Okay! So, you need glasses. Congratulations! Wearing glasses is one of my favorite things about me. They look smart and correct your vision, and can really add some serious lift and power to any nose. But which frames are right for your face? Assess yourself honestly. Answer the following face questions:
- Am I round?
- Am I flat?
- Am I mostly cheeks or mostly nose or a little of both (“even-faced”)?
- Am I pointy?
- What is my tolerance for metal?
Now that you have answered those questions, it’s time to pick your frame color! Answer the following honestly and carefully:
- Tortoise shell?
- Frameless? (can be disconcerting. glasses appear to float in front of your head)
Finally, it’s time to choose a shape! I would suggest the following, for optimal user experience:
- Round frames for round face.
- Square frames for square-ish face.
- Also, round frames for oval face.
Congratulations! You have chosen the perfect frames! Be prepared for many compliments.